We Are Hiring!
Aberg Center for Literacy has been building richer lives, stronger families and better communities through programs in English fluency, preparation for high school equivalency in English and Spanish, early childhood education, and family literacy for 15 years.
As we continue to expand our footprint in the community, we are looking for an Entry-Level Communications and Development Coordinator to become an integral part of that growth and expansion. As our Communications and Development Coordinator, you will work with the Executive Director to develop and execute the annual communications and fundraising plans. You will have the opportunity to be involved in all areas of the program and will have a direct impact on the growth and success of our organization.
COMMUNICATIONS & DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
POSITION TYPE: FULL-TIME
POSTED: JUNE 15, 2018
Requirements for the Position
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Two years of non-profit experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social media and internet applications and working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) platforms
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with generating and administering social media content and knowledge of social media etiquette, strategy, and functionality
- Experience with digital marketing and publicity, including writing for websites, blogs, and social media
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Experience planning and implementing events
The duties of the position will focus around Communications Management, Donor Relations, and Administrative/Development Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
SOCIAL MEDIA and ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION
- Manages social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) and collaborates with staff to create a strategy to expand the use of social media
- Coordinates e-blasts-Writes, designs, creates list and sends e-blasts to engage and inform donors
- Creates press releases related to events, grant awards, programs, volunteer opportunities, etc.
- Drafts and submits op-eds upon approval
- Cultivates relationships with media contacts and pitches unique stories to have Aberg Center prominently featured in the news
- Creates and maintains a blog to inform and advocate for adult and family literacy and promote events
- Manages and maintains donor information
- Ensures donations, ticket purchases, event activities, and class payments are accurately recorded and classified
- Pulls reports for donor acknowledgments, mailing lists, and analysis reports
- Manages in-kind donations including tracking, gift acceptance, and gift acknowledgments
- Researches potential donors and underwriters
- Calls donors to ask for funding and to set up meetings on behalf of the Executive Director
FUNDRAISING EVENTS MANAGEMENT
- Works with Executive Director, Marketing and Development Committee and sub-committees to determine events, strategies for marketing, venues, etc.
- Gathers event pricing data and reports it to the Executive Director
- Works with staff, contractors and volunteers to design promotional materials
- Executes marketing strategies for all events
- Monitors event ticket sales/response and recommends marketing adjustments
- Serves as the point-of-contact for events
- Gathers and records analytical feedback for each event
SELF-SUSTAINABLE EVENTS/COMMUNITY SPANISH CLASSES
- Promotes enrollment of Spanish classes for each trimester enrollment period
- Monitors enrollment and increases marketing as necessary
- Prepares paper mailings
- Responsible for updating Aberg Center’s website
- Keeps inventory of paper products used for mailings, staff business cards, and annual reports and orders as needed
- Actively seeks to engage community members as volunteers and/or donors
- Performs other duties as assigned
If you are ready to become an integral part of our amazing community, send in your resume today!
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES TO SHARRISON@ABERGCENTER.ORG
POSITION TYPE: PART-TIME
Description: We are currently looking for a dedicated Child Caregiver to join our team to help our youngest students reach their full potential. Because we firmly believe that educating both parents and children simultaneously is key to success for the entire family, we do our best to make sure that each moment that our youngest learners are with us that they are being introduced to new words and concepts and challenged to develop their gross and fine motor skills.
Time Commitment: Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. during the school year.
• High school diploma or equivalency certificate
• Basic knowledge of care for children
• Basic knowledge of cleaning
• Ability to fulfill training obligations for childcare paid for by the Center
• Ability to lift children and supplies (35 lbs)
• Ability to obtain background clearance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure physical and emotional safety and well-being of all children
• Follow daily routine
• Implement daily lesson plans provided by the Program Manager
• Clean and keep safe the space where the Early Childhood Program operates
• Relate effectively with children, their parents, volunteers, other Child Caregivers as well as the Supervisor and Site Manager of the Center.
Compensation: $12 per hour
Certification is not required as we will provide required training. However, university hours or an Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education is preferred. If you are ready to become an integral part of our amazing community!
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES TO CLOWERY@ABERGCENTER.ORG