Dedicated and compassionate educators apply at Aberg Center!
At Aberg Center for Literacy we rely on a small, devoted group of professionals to help us in our mission to build richer lives, stronger families and better communities. We seek teachers and office staff who have a passion for education and have an interest in making a positive impact on the communities around them. Please check out our immediate openings and if you want to get involved, send us your resume!
Lend your Talents and Expertise to Aberg Center
PRESCHOOL CHILDCARE GIVER
Description: We are currently looking for a dedicated Child Caregiver to join our team to help our youngest students reach their full potential. Because we firmly believe that educating both parents and children simultaneously is key to success for the entire family, we do our best to make sure that each moment that our youngest learners are with us that they are being introduced to new words and concepts and challenged to develop their gross and fine motor skills.
Time Commitment: Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. during the school year.
• High school diploma or equivalency certificate
• Basic knowledge of care for children
• Basic knowledge of cleaning
• Ability to fulfill training obligations for childcare paid for by the Center
• Ability to lift children and supplies (35 lbs)
• Ability to obtain background clearance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure physical and emotional safety and well-being of all children
• Follow daily routine
• Implement daily lesson plans provided by the Program Manager
• Clean and keep safe the space where the Early Childhood Program operates
• Relate effectively with children, their parents, volunteers, other Child Caregivers as well as the Supervisor and Site Manager of the Center.
Compensation: $11.10 per hour
Certification is not required as we will provide required training. However, university hours or an Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education is preferred. If you are ready to become an integral part of our amazing community!
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES TO INFO@ABERGCENTER.ORG