HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY CLASSES in ENGLISH
Achieve your Goal: Become a HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE!
Native English speakers as well as ESL students who have reached proficiency level in English are encouraged to enroll in our high school equivalency preparation program Monday through Thursday mornings from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. Students are placed in two groups and study as a class under the tutelage of qualified and committed volunteer instructors. Each day students study one or more of the four GED modules: Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and Reasoning through Language Arts. In addition, students take a GED Computer Preparation class to help them navigate the GED website, access online resources, and increase their computing and typing skills in preparation for the computer-based test. Throughout the semester, students are provided the opportunity to take the GED practice tests to help determine test readiness and define areas that need to be strengthened.
- Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Daily attendance is required.
- The school year is divided into two semesters: Spring and Fall.
- Classes are Tuition free.
- Students are asked to pay a $40 materials fee per semester for textbooks, binders, and supplies.
- Step 1: Come to Aberg Center during registration period to fill out registration form.
- Step 2: Take a placement test to determine your proficiency in Reading, Writing & Math.
- St. Matthew's Cathedral Location
- Fall 2018: Monday - Friday, August 20 - 31 (9am-2pm)